Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pico De Gallo with Hearts of Palm......

You know when your fridge gets on the empty side and you have to try to make something with what's left.  Well I had a pint of golden yellow cherry tomatoes and some onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lemon juice.  I thought this would make a kind of pico but it would be different.  I was planning on using this as a side to dinner.  I also had a can of hearts of palm. They are sort of lemony and I thought they would go together well.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it all went together.  Here is what I used:

1 can hearts of palm
1 pint of golden yellow cherry tomatoes (sub red cherry tomatoes)
1/2 white onion finely diced
1 jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed, finely diced)
1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 lemon squeezed
Emeril's Essence
1 tbsp olive oil

Toss all together in a bowl and serve on the side.



I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is with the hearts of palm!

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment