Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Roasted Radishes... Really!

I grew up eating radishes and I love them.  I know a lot of people don't.  The problem is that most of us only know of one thing to do with radishes.  Eat them the way they are.  Of course, we can always make radish roses but they can be kind of boring after awhile.

About a year ago, I saw a recipe in a magazine for roasted radish greens but what about the radishes themselves?  Well I did a search and low and behold I found a few recipes on places like Epicurious and Food Network for roasted radishes.

Of course, I had to give it a try.  I had three bunches of radishes and I am the only one eating them.

This is what I did.

2 bunches radishes, trimmed and washed, them quartered (or halved)
1 bag baby carrots
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Toss altogether in a bowl and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pan spray.  Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees.  Roast until they are crisp tender and golden.  I roasted mine for about 30 minutes.

They are surprisingly good!  My husband Tony even enjoyed eating them!

BTW, you can also roast the greens!  So if you love greens of any kind, try keeping your fresh radish greens and roasting them for something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment