Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cooked up a storm the other day.  You know one of those days where you cook up more than one meal.  One of my favorite ways to prepare my meat is to let it marinate.  What's so different about that?  Well I got hooked on Emeril's Essence and tweeked it a little bit and it is really a nice dry rub or everyday seasoning and you can control the salt.

Here is how I make my version!

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2  tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons dried thyme

Directions

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Mine has a little more of the herbs and black pepper.  The first time I used this was on Independence Day in 2010 and I used it on a couple of racks of ribs.  They sat in the dry rub for 24 hours and then I slow cooked them on indirect heat on the BBQ.  They were so awesome that everyone snapped them up and I was lucky to get one rib!  Really? 

I learned my lesson that day.  Now I make sure I stash away a few so that I don't miss out!

My friend Nikki loves this spice mixture that I keep her supplied every time that I make it!

Hope you give it a try!  Share your experience with this spice mixture or share your favorite recipe with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment